- Always keep wicks centered in the melted wax, and regularly trim to ¼” tall… a quick trim between lightings is best.
- The first burn is the most important. Allow wax to melt completely to the insides of the vessel before extinguishing – this helps prevent “tunneling”.
- Avoid burning any candle more than 3-4 hours at a time. Blow them out and allow to cool before relighting.
IMPORTANT SAFETY TIPS:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Know when it’s time to say goodbye.. stop using a candle when only ½” of wax remains.
- Be sure to place candle on a stable, heat resistant surface before lighting.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and debris, including burnt matches
- Avoid air drafts which can cause sooting and uneven burning.
- Do not move or touch a burning candle.
- Remember to burn all candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Never fall asleep to candlelight!
- Be sure to extinguish and let cool a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly.
- Failure to follow these tips could result in fire, injury, or smoke damage.
****** Keep in mind, since this is soy wax and no additives are added, once you extinguish the candle it will cool and look lumpy on the top. This is completely normal and will not affect the performance of the candle on the next burn. ******